What is Forest School?
“Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers children and young people opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands-on learning experiences in a local woodland environment”
National Definition: Forest School (England) Network
Benefits of Forest School include:
- Physical and emotional well being
- Social skills, communicating, negotiating, problem solving
- Fine and gross motor development
Forest School Leaders
- Sharon Pugh – Early Years Practitioner Level 5, Forest School Leader
- Laura Farnham – Early Years Practitioner Level 3, Forest School Assistant.
Forest school takes place outside unless high winds or thunderstorms are likely.
Sessions take place throughout the year
Forest School develops:
- Self esteem, confidence
- Awareness of own and others needs
- First hand experience, developing independence and responsibility
- Strategies in order to take risks in a controlled environment
- Resilience and perseverance
Forsest School is about using...
Forsest School is about learning through...
Forsest School is about enjoying...
Forsest School is about developing...
Forsest School is about having fun...
What to Wear?
Wellies, waterproof trousers and rain coat, warm clothes, hats, gloves
Wellies, waterproof trousers and rain coat
Wellies, long sleeve top, trousers, hat and sun cream.